Banana Waffles Recipe (Gluten-free and Dairy-free)


I recently bought a Hamilton Beach Waffle Maker. It is simple to use. My only issue is that the non-stick grids cannot be removed so it is difficult at times. After I bought the waffle maker, I made an announcement to my family that they were banned from using it to make waffles with gluten and dairy. Cross-contamination can take place very easily especially when someone does not clean it properly. The waffles came out good. They were surprisingly fluffy. Usually when I bake with gluten free flour, it comes out a bit dense or hard. Even after the waffles were stored in the fridge and microwaved, they were still soft and fluffy. When I was making the waffles, I had the setting at medium temperature level.

My first waffle maker ^_^

Here is the recipe that I used:

Banana Waffles (Gluten Free and Dairy Free)

Ingredients:
2 cups Doves Farm Gluten Free Plain White Flour
4 tsp Rumford Gluten Free Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Brown Sugar
3 Eggs
1 1/2 cups Almond milk (I had used Silk Vanilla Sweetened Almond Milk)
1/3 cup Canola oil
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Ripe Bananas

Method:
  1. Mix the eggs, almond milk, oil, vanilla extract and mashed bananas in a large bowl.
  2. Sift the gluten free flour and baking powder into the wet mixture.
  3. Add the salt and brown sugar.
  4. Mix everything together until it is well-blended.
  5. Brush vegetable oil onto waffle grids.
  6. Preheat the waffle maker. Pour batter into waffle maker and wait for it to be ready. It took about 5 mins to make 2 waffles.
  7. The recipe makes about 12 waffles.

I had bought the Doves Farm flour at Hi-lo when it was still called Hi-lo but they had recently been renamed to Massy Stores. So all my old posts that mention Hi-lo Food Stores would be referring to Massy Stores - Supermarket. I got the Gluten free Baking powder from Be Free Foods. The gluten free flour is certified by the Coeliac UK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coconut Drops – Gluten Free Recipe

Gluten Free Baking Class with Moy's Gluten Free Kitchen