Product Review: Stonewall Kitchen Vanilla Cupcake Mix


Stonewall Kitchen Cupcake Mixes - Gluten Free Trini

I recently bought two boxes of cupcake mix from Be Free Foods. I bought these mixes because they are certified by the Gluten Intolerance Group so they would be safe. In a box, you get a pack of cupcake mix and a pack of frosting mix. The ingredients were also dairy-free. The only problem was that the recipes for the cupcake mix and the frosting required butter and milk. I had used Refined Organic Coconut Oil which I bought from Be Free Foods. I saw online that coconut oil is a good substitute for butter and would also give baked goods a similar texture. The oil had a neutral flavour and smell so it did not overpower the cupcakes. I had used a 1:1 substitution ratio. I had also used Silk Original Almond Milk for the milk substitute.

Coconut oil

The cupcakes came out great with a nice texture. It wasn’t dense or grainy. The frosting texture was also good. I tried piping on some of the cupcakes and the frosting held their shape. The frosting was really sweet though. It could be that I don’t eat sweets often so I wasn’t used to it. For some of the cupcakes, I added some Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips. I would definitely use these cupcake mixes in the future especially for when I have to prepare desserts for people who eat gluten.

Stonewall Kitchen Vanilla Cupcake with Frosting - Gluten Free Trini
Plain Vanilla Gluten Free and Dairy Free Cupcake

Vanilla Cupcake with Chocolate Chips - Gluten Free Trini
Vanilla Cupcake with Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coconut Drops – Gluten Free Recipe

Gluten Free Baking Class with Moy's Gluten Free Kitchen