My 2013 Birthday Party with Gluten Free and Dairy Free Chocolate Cupcakes

My birthday was on the 4th of August and I wanted to do something different this year, especially with food. I usually go to Movietowne to watch a movie and eat sushi. There are very few things that I could eat with a gluten-free and dairy free diet in most restaurants. This year, I went to a gaming center, Bedrock Minigolf and Gaming Center and I was able to bring my food. I had ordered normal sandwiches from a bakery for my friends since they do not eat gluten free. I made gluten free and dairy free chocolate cupcakes with King Arthur Chocolate Cake Mix Flour. I bought this cake mix from Be Free Foods. I decorated the cupcakes with homemade icing and Enjoy Life Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips from Be Free Foods. I need to make some improvements on the icing since it melted easily. All my friends, even the owner of the gaming center, loved the cupcakes and couldn't tell the difference between the normal and gluten-free ones. I had much more fun this year since I didn't have to worry too much about food :).


Chocolate Cupcakes
Cupcakes with Homemade Icing and Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips.



Comments

  1. Happy Birthday!! Those look delicious!! It's my birthday today, and I am spending it in Trinidad for the first time! :) Do you know of any place I could buy a GF cupcake? Are there any GF bakeries here, in Port of Spain? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Happy Birthday! Unfortunately, there are no gluten free bakeries as yet. If you really want something for today, Check out:
      Be Free Foods, 6 Mucurapo Rd St James, Port of Spain, Tel:868-620-3246. They would have gf and df ice cream, muffins, doughnuts, cookies, cake mix, pizza, bread, etc. They have the largest amount of gluten free food in Port of Spain. If they have frozen muffins, you could buy that and gf frosting mix, and decorate the muffins. They even have sprinkles ^_^.

      You could also order gf cake from Sweet Caroline Desserts, Tel: 1-868-751-6027, Website: http://www.sweetcarolinedesserts.com


      Delete
  2. Hmm it looks like your website ate my first comment (it was
    extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly
    enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to
    the whole thing. Do you have any suggestions
    for inexperienced blog writers? I'd certainly appreciate it.


    Here is my web site; Weight Loss Pill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      I am also still new to the blogging. I don't blog that often and I just write about what I've experienced. I do research by reading a lot of other blog sites that post similar content to mine. I think for blogging, you need to post something often, maybe once a week or twice a month. Use social media like facebook or twitter to get people to visit the blog

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coconut Drops – Gluten Free Recipe

Gluten Free Baking Class with Moy's Gluten Free Kitchen